Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Rick Riordan

Rick Riordan



Rick Riordan is the author of the book I'm reading, The House of Hades.  You may commonly know Rick Riordan to be the author of the Percy Jackson series, but he is also known for many other great books.  He also made books 1 and 11 of the 39 clues series.  Riordan is also known for his 3 book series about the adventures of Carter and Sadie as they meet all kinds of Egyptian gods like Ra and Isis.  Riordan was born June 5th, 1964 in San Antonio, TX.  Riordan is a highly decorated author.  He has won Author of the Year from the Children's Best Book Choice awards, Mark Twain awards for Lightening Thief and Sea of Monsters  and over 9 other awards for his books. Riordan is planning on publishing a series based on Norse (medieval Germany) mythology in 2015 and the sequel to the House of Hades in fall of 2014.  Riordan is a very successful author considering he started out teaching middle school English and Social Studies.  Overall Rick Riordan is one of the best authors out there and I can't wait until the 5th book in the Heroes of Olympus series, The Blood of Olympus, comes out!



5 comments:

  1. I remember a long time ago I used to love the books in the series of The Lightning Thief. I was so excited for the movie but then it disappointed me. Have you seen the movie? And if you have, did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like how the new book influences the series?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont like the movie also it disappointed me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Percy Jackson series was an amazing series, but the movie completely ruined it. I do want to see that series he is thinking about making in 2015, that seems like a very interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Percy Jackson series was a really good series, but I haven't really tried any of his new books. Based on what you said, his other books sound pretty good.

    ReplyDelete