Sunday, January 12, 2014

Most Important Line In the Chapter

The most important lines in The House of Hades  are always the last few sentences in the chapter.  The last lines in the chapter foreshadow the upcoming events in the story.  Here are the last few sentences of the latest chapter I read.

"The bomb.  Piper struggled to rise.  The sphere was ten feet away, hissing and spinning as the winds inside began to stir.  Piper dove for it.  Her fingers closed around the bomb just as the ice shattered and the winds exploded," (Riordan 334).

This quote had me on the edge my seat as I read these sentences.  The plot further develops by this quote because it creates another obstacle in the way of the demigods as they try to close the Doors of Death.  Without these suspenseful last lines of each chapter, I highly doubt the reader would want to keep reading. 

2 comments:

  1. I am reading the same book as you, and yes, I agree. Rick Riordan does a great job of leaving you in suspense, how do you like this book compared to the others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you showed the element of suspense within your blog post. You could predict many things that may happen next in the story. I also like how you were descriptive and said that you were on the edge of your seat. This lets the readers of your blog show how much suuspense that book contained.

    ReplyDelete