Divergent is a masterpiece. The book has so much suspense and action in it, and it just wants to make me keep turning the pages. Each chapter comes with it's own surprises and obstacles that get in the way of Tris. The book is pretty long and has elevated vocabulary.
I recommend this book to anyone that enjoys reading action-packed, suspenseful books that have cliff-hangers on every page. I also recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in dystopian society books like the Hunger Games series. This book is so action packed I can't give you any quotes because it would give too much away.
Near the end of the book Tris watches and commits several murders of the ones she loves. For people that read the last page before you read the book; here is the last sentence in the book: "I am no longer Tris, the selfless, or Tris, the brave. I suppose that now, I must become more than either," (Roth, 487). It doesn't give away anything for those who read the last lines of the book!
If you actually read the book, you will see that this is a HUGE cliff-hanger and I can't wait to start reading Insurgent! The first 2 chapters of the book were at the end of the Divergent book and they are not that great because the book hasn't picked up yet. I rate this book a 5 of 5 because of its non-stop action and suspense (for the 3rd time).
For me, this book took way too long to get into the action, i got bored about half way through, so i stopped reading it. But this was a good post.
ReplyDelete