Monday, July 7, 2014

Looking for Alaska post #2


Miles Halter is a basic and understandable character.  He isn’t used to the new challenges he faces because he is so used to his air-conditioned life in his Florida home.  I think Miles wants to fit in and have friends.  Miles also wants to be dating Alaska, but she is single.  Miles wants to have a fun time while maintaining good grades while he is at this school.

Chip wants to be loyal to the ones he trusts and seek vengeance on the ones who have hurt the people that he is loyal to.  Chip wants to be a better boyfriend to Sara because all they do is fight.  Chip also wants to find out who ratted out his friends.  Ratting somebody out is the worst thing you can do at the school, and he wants to find out who ratted his friends out.

Alaska wants to be loyal to her boyfriend, Jake.  She also wants to be friends with Chip, Miles and Taksumi.  Alaska wants to be loyal.  She also wants to know the solution to the Labyrinth. 

The structure of this book is odd because there are no chapters.  The book is based on a single event that I haven’t gotten to yet.  The book is told by days.  An example is 48 days before.  I don’t know what the event is but I hope the event is well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment