Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Blog Reflection

A big change has come over me as a writer and as a reader throughout this trimester.  I have learned how to interpret and understand stories better as well as apply them to things that are currently happening in the world.  I have also inproved my diction and 'voice' in my writing.  An example of my improvement in applying current events to my book is my soundtrack post.  I used current pop songs like "Titanium" and "Gone, Gone, Gone" to relate to the plotline of the characters.  I have enhanced my skills in book comprehension by blogging about how events in my book further the plot.  Here is an example of my reading comprehension skills: "The plot further develops by this quote because it creates another obstacle in the way of the demigods as they try to close the Doors of Death. Without these suspenseful last lines of each chapter, I highly doubt the reader would want to keep reading," (Tipton).  This is an example of my reading comprehension skills at the beginning of the trimester: "Without different viewpoints the book would be boring because you would only have knowledge of one storyline in the book," (Tipton). 

Overall I did a pretty good job blogging.  One thing I had difficulty with was adding voice.  At first, I would just blog about facts and my opinion.  For example, when I said: "Without different viewpoints the book would be boring because you would only have knowledge of one storyline in the book.," (Tipton), I was just stating my opinion.  When I said "Without these suspenseful last lines of each chapter, I highly doubt the reader would want to keep reading," (Tipton).  I added voice and that is how I improved.  One strength I had was really involving juicy quotes from my book to enhance the ideas of my blog posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment