Monday, March 17, 2014

Fahrenheit 451 Character Analysis

The character I chose was Clarisse.  Clarisse discontinued school because she 'wasn't social' even though she claims she is very social.  She is 17 and likes to look at things and listen to things.  Clarisse is very misterious and we don't know much about her yet.  I have found two quotes that describe Clarisse. 

This quote takes place when Clarisse is talking to Montag for the first time.  "You know, I'm not afraid of you at all," (Littell, 10).
 My next quote is Montag's thoughts when he is looking into Clarisse's eyes.  "He saw himself in her eyes, suspended in two shining drops of water, himself dark and tiny, in fine detail, the lines about his mouth, everything there, as if her eyes were two miraculous bits of violet amber that might capture and hold him intact," (Littell, 11).

Clarisse is different from people in her society.  She doesn't do regular activities that other people do.  She isn't afraid of firemen, which is suprising considering that firemen take people's books and burn them.  Clarisse sees things in a different way then other people do, and she can see right through people like Montag.

Clarisse's overall attitude towards firemen is fearless.  She says to Montag that he is just a man.  Clarisse tells Montag that she has no fear towards them and Montag is suprised by that because most people are afraid of firemen.  Clarisse is a very interesting character and I'm excited to learn more about her throughout the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment